Sports and Remedial Massage is a term used for a wide range of techniques which help to correct postural problems, soft tissue injuries and chronic injuries.
Techniques I am trained to use:
- Deep tissue
- Trigger pointing
- Myofascial Stretching
- MRT (Myofascial Release Technique)
- STR (Soft Tissue Release Technique)
- MET (Muscle Energy Technique)
- Myofascial cupping
- Periosteal Massage (the Periosteum is the skin around the bone to which tendons, muscles and ligaments are attached)
Who is this type of massage for:
- anybody from office worker to physical worker, student, lecturer, shop assistant etc.
- for athletes and non- athletes.
You don’t have to be particularly active at all – we all develop stiff muscles, back or joint problems wether we are active or not.
It is a remedial tool that can help to:
- sort out aches and pains that persisted after an injury has healed,
- correct postural problems
- or just maintain a good posture through little corrections
The term soft tissue injury can refer to an actual injury or to muscle pain, contraction or trigger points.
What can you expect to get?
During your first session you will be asked to fill in a consultation form. This will ensure that I know all that I have to pay attention to e.g. the reason why you are coming, any previous conditions / health issues or allergies that I need to take into account.
We will do a postural assessment with all that is necessary to find the reason for your problem and to be able to compare the progress. You will then get your first treatment. Please allow for 90 minutes for the first session. If you only have 60 minutes the actual massage will have to be shorter. Any following session can be 30 minutes, 60 minutes or 90 minutes.
Each of them will start with an assessment which includes:
- a postural assessment
- range of movement
- resistance tests
- length tests of areas relevant to your injury/dis-ease/complaint/condition.
Once I have a clear picture of the corrections that need to be done we will proceed with a massage.
During the massage you will be covered with towels to insure that you are warm, comfortable and your privacy is taken care of. Only areas that I work on will be exposed appropriately.